Thursday, February 2, 2012
Maimonides
Maimonides is very confusing to read, but according to him, from what I've gathered, that is my fault. He seemed to be saying that the reader holds the responsibility in understanding the writer rather than the writer having to put his work down in a way that is understandable to reader. This makes sense to me for the fact that anyone with an exceptional vision should not dumb down their ideas or hold them back, but should put them out there to be explored by other people. As for any work that I will do, or have done, I want my work to be read by as many people as possible and understood to the fullest. Samuel Clemons once, sorta kinda, said that great literature is like wine and that his writings are like water. Everyone drinks water. So I believe the writer has the responsibility to edit and publish his work in a way that allows readers to comprehend and appreciate them. Maimonides and I clearly have a disagreement there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment